Meeting Notice to Members/ Parents
Adams PTSA will be holding our General Membership meeting on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 3:00pm . Due to current social distancing, our meeting platform will be on Zoom, and our ballot voting will be on Google Forms. All members must register here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOJvJiFdY50eVgQjm9h50ym4blPvZ1lGK4NsBkeLs2AmmAMA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR37K1tTtMEIYc45SgGNpxD_eG3hYLITpKFDCSYORu_z8QztUDN7NJTpc64 by Saturday, May 9, 2020. All floor nominations must also be received Saturday, May 9, 2020 with registration.
CURRENT 2019/2020 PTSA MEMBERS:
Attendees MUST register to attend, to allow the PTSA to verify their membership. Verified members will receive an email a few days prior to the meeting. This email will include instructions on how to join the meeting. Each member must register separately with their own unique email address to receive a ballot, including members who have multiple PTSA members in the same household.
A non member can register, and be approved to attend as a guest. However, only members can vote on PTSA business. A non-member who intends to run from the floor can register and be approved to attend as a guest, but will not be sent ballots for voting.
JOIN the 2019/2020 PTSA:
If you are not a current 2019/2020 PTSA member please contact Annette Storemski at email@example.com. She will arrange your enrollment. If you are newly joining you must complete the process 5 days prior to the meeting in order to be eligible to vote. The deadline to become a member and register is Saturday May 9th to ensure eligibility to vote at the May 12th meeting.
On Wednesday April 29, 2020 the Executive Board voted to only accept notice of intent to run from the floor prior to the meeting. Notice must be received at least 5 days prior to the meeting. The ONLY way to run from the floor is to fill out the meeting registration Google Form included in this email. Registration and floor nominations MUST be received no later than Saturday May 9, 2020. There will be NO exceptions, and the ballots will be set after May 9, 2020.
The meeting will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time. In order to be accepted, you MUST have your first and last name in the profile so we are able to accept you into the meeting. If we can not verify the name, you will not be admitted. If ballot voting is necessary, ballots for each position will be sent out separately. Please make sure you have access to your registered email to receive ballots for voting. Do NOT log out of the meeting while voting. You must be present in the meeting in order to receive a ballot. The ballots will be open for 2 minutes to allow for your vote.
April 29th- Nominating Committee Report posted to PSTA Members
April 29th- Google Form Registration OPENS for Membership Meeting/Elections
May 9th- Google Form Registration ENDS and Floor Nomination CLOSES. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
May 12th- General Membership Meeting at 3:00pm via Zoom
· The chair gives the chance to speak to every member who wishes it. Pro and con speakers should be given alternating opportunities to speak, if possible, and all speakers should tactfully be kept to rules of order and to the question.
· Each member has two opportunities to speak to the motion. A member may exercise his or her first opportunity to speak and, then, after every other member has the chance to speak, may speak only once more.
· All statements must be addressed to the chair and not to another member.
· The chair recognizes a member who has not previously spoken to the motion in preference to one who has spoken.
· The chair does not enter into discussion. Should the President wish to debate, the chair must ask the Vice President to preside. He or she does not resume the chair until after the final disposition of the question under discussion. The President may vote when the vote would change the outcome (to make or break a tie) or when the voting is by ballot.